Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling in the institution on SUSI

Options
  • 09-07-2016 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So on my grant form it says my institution is Trinity.I filled this form back in February and have since changed my CAO and Trinity is no longer there. I just got word back from susi saying i have been accepted for the grant for the institution of Trinity. I would like to change this to DCU as it is number one on my list... Also on my CAO i have 10 different courses picked out but on the grant form i can only put down one. What happens if i dont get a place in the one i put down but i get a place on another course on my CAO, what happens then. Please get back to me as soon as possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

SUSI Website here
    If you subsequently accept a place on a different course or on a course not offered to you through CAO, you can submit a new online FCA form at any time through the homepage of your SUSI account. Your application will be decided on the basis of the most recent course details provided to SUSI by any of the above methods. Please note that grants can only be awarded in respect of approved course.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

You have to fill in a final course acceptance form for Susi in September. The approval of your grant would have been due to their assessment of your means. They are aware that courses will change as people change their mind or don't get their first choice. You should get an email about it after LC results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

PLL wrote: »
    You have to fill in a final course acceptance form for Susi in September. The approval of your grant would have been due to their assessment of your means. They are aware that courses will change as people change their mind or don't get their first choice. You should get an email about it after LC results come out.

If a student has chosen the CAO option on their application, they may not get an email from SUSI before their application has been finalised.

The final course acceptance is now an online form that can be submitted through the grants online account at any time to update your chosen course.

SUSI may only send email reminders to students that have not opted for the link with their CAO application and have not already submitted a Final Course Acceptance Form through their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lightiepeace

Thanks for the reply, SUSI have also replied saying that all the info they need will be provided through the CAO and there's nothing more to do at the moment from my end

Advertisement