Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meeting English relatives in Heathrow terminal 2 for a few hours

• 08-07-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey there,

My dad and uncle haven't seen their other sibling in years so i thought it would be nice to take them over for a day to see him. My plan is to catch an early flight over and get a later flight back after lets say 8 hours, all on the same day. its just a quick stop, meet and greet job.

rather than wasting time getting into London itself i was hoping that we could meet in the arrivals hall at The terminal 2 and spend the time there. Has anyone ever done anything like this before?? is there restaurants or pubs there that we could stay in for the few hours we'd be there?

my dad is too old and cranky to make a trip into the city itself and he wouldn't be comfortable staying over even if its just for one night. i feel its the best i can do to get them all to meet up, they all are as stubborn as each other so its left to the younger generation like myself to do something about it. appreciate any help or suggestions.

Regards,
    NUDI.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi Nudi, It sounds like a great idea and fair play to you for organising it. I don't know about Heathrow, though I am sure you would find somewhere, or even in at one of the Heathrow hotels. What I would suggest to you is - have you consulted your father and uncle about this? Do they want to do it? And secondly, I would think, depending on their personalities and stamina, that maybe four to five hours would be plenty of time together. Good luck with your project.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

THere are a few transit hotels just beside Heathrow. They generally provide free shuttle buses to/from the terminal buildings, so you could arrange to meet there. Might be a bit more relaxed than in the terminal itself.

Advertisement