Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010 2.0 Avensis or Mondeo for Reliability

Options
  • 08-07-2016 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi

Doin about 650km a week on the motorway . Buying a 2010 avensis or mondeo (2.0 diesel)

Looking for the most reliable, but cant seem to determine which is best.

Please let me know of you have an opinion - please vote for one using the poll provided.

2.0 2010 avensis or mondeo for reliability 7 votes

Avenais
    14% 1 vote
    Mondeo
    85% 6 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

I had a 2010 Diesel Avensis which a friend of mine bought after i traded it in. has just over 230,000k on it now and never gave any problems bar the normal wear and tear.
    No serious issues and was serviced as recommended I have 5 Avensis in total and never a problem with any of them. can't vouch for the Mondeo as i never had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭tcow

SBPhoto wrote: »
    I had a 2010 Diesel Avensis which a friend of mine bought after i traded it in. has just over 230,000k on it now and never gave any problems bar the normal wear and tear.
    No serious issues and was serviced as recommended I have 5 Avensis in total and never a problem with any of them. can't vouch for the Mondeo as i never had one.

Did the electronic handbrake give any trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Not while i had them but the last one , a 2012 model the electronic handbrake did go after i traded it in.
    Can be a problem on them i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Seats are better in the Mondeo, it's nicer to drive, has longer service intervals and more power.

Reliability would be around the same between the 2, no major issues with either model of that age.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Seats are better in the Mondeo, it's nicer to drive, has longer service intervals and more power.

Reliability would be around the same between the 2, no major issues with either model of that age.

Thanks for that. Is there not issues with injectors in the avensis. And flywheels for both? So some people say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Breakdown statistics from the German equivalent of the AA. Click on "Mittelklasse" at the below link. Red shading is bad, green shading is good. As you can see. the 2010 Avensis has a higher rating than the 2010 Mondeo.

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/unfall-schaeden-und-panne/pannenstatistik/

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Breakdown statistics from the German equivalent of the AA. Click on "Mittelklasse" at the below link. Red shading is bad, green shading is good. As you can see. the 2010 Avensis has a higher rating than the 2010 Mondeo.

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/unfall-schaeden-und-panne/pannenstatistik/

Thanks for that. But is that saying the 2010 mondeo is showing to be better than the avensis??:confused:

Do all 2010 Avensis have electronic hand brake??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes.

tcow wrote: »
    Do all 2010 Avensis have electronic hand brake??

I had a Passat that had the electronic handbrake and they gave trouble and cost a fortune to fix. Waste of money. Wud the Avensis be the same? That alone is swaying me towards the mondeo with normal handbrake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I'd get the mondeo far nicer than an avensis. 2.0 will have decent power too and be as reliable. Those avensis do nothing for me!

Advertisement