Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenview Road, Raheny (Edenmore) opinions??

Options
  • 08-07-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I'm looking at house on or around Glenwood Road in Rahney (actually more like Edenmore). Does anyone know the area well and is it good for kids etc? Schools/ quiet, etc?
    From driving around it looks to be decent but just not sure as year ago you would hear the horror stories from deep withing Edenmore, but don't know if the area has matured and calmed down or not....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,155 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Edenmore was on the rough side about 30 odd years ago. It's fine now. Areas change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,155 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

e.r wrote: »

Trouble at a local pub does not change the fact Glenview is a perfectly nice road to live on. Close to lots of facilities and handy for transport links. You could spend your life living in Glenview/Glenwood and never visit the Edenmore House.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Where is this road? I live in the area and it's quiet as at night.

I think the OP meant Glenwood. If you're driving up Springdale Road away from St. Joseph's, it's the road to the right at the last roundabout where the Rosary College used to be into the left. Very quiet.

• Advertisement

I just drove past it I know the road now. It's not even Edenmore really.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭MedalFuhrer

Thanks Guys, yes my typo, I mean Glenwood Road.

Thanks Guys, yes my typo, I mean Glenwood Road.

I know the gaf for sale, did you go on Saturday?

No I went last Thursday evening. Nice sized gaff and garden. Looks like a nice road/ immediate area. Just don't know what it would be like for my little girl (going on 3 years of age) to grow up in as I am not familiar with the area.

No I went last Thursday evening. Nice sized gaff and garden. Looks like a nice road/ immediate area. Just don't know what it would be like for my little girl (going on 3 years of age) to grow up in as I am not familiar with the area.

Where are you from? I think it's a good mix of people, you're very close to good transport links and close to city centre. I cycle to work near Grafton St in about 32 minutes at a leisurely pace. And you'd probably be aless than 20 min walk from dart station and loads of busses on Malahide Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Its a lovely spot live in the locality all my life and never had any issues. Amazing primary school up the road. Cinema, bus routes, Dart ,shops everything you could need within 10 mins walk. Im very happy and wouldnt put anyone off moving here

Thanks again guys. I’m actually not from far away and currently renting in Bayside. Passing by an area all my life still doesn’t give a perspective especially from kids point of view. So good to hear from people who know/ live in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭A-Train

I live just around the corner on Glenfarne Road and know the house that you are looking at. I bought nearly 5 years ago and it's a very settled and quiet place. Great location for loads of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I grew up in Edenmore in the 80s/90's. We always classed Cameron (where Glenwood is) as posh!
    It's very settled, I recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'm in Kilbarrack, not too far but yet another area in D5 that has a bad rep. It was great for me kept the house prices down!

I love the place. My boss lives in Edenmore, never a bother.

The whole area out here is filled with stuff to do and facilities for kids.

Advertisement