Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which of these is best to upgrade to

Options
  • 08-07-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I currently have a HP G6 laptop and want to upgrade to an ultrabook cos it's too bulky and has a poor screen.

Im thinking of getting the Asus Zenbook UX305 or the Microsoft Surface 3 or 4.

Which of these would be better value.

Can anyone recommend other models that would be worth considering and where is best to buy from?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The surface is a tablet and is very different to the ultrabook you mentioned. I never liked the surface whenever i played around with one, I just don't think they sit well on your lap. It's worth going to a shop and having a look yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

The surface is a tablet and is very different to the ultrabook you mentioned.

I thought the surface was a laptop which could be used as a tablet rather than the other way round.

What is the best bricks and mortar store for laptops. I know there are better offers online but that's not much good when you want to try them out first.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

rigmaroll wrote: »
    I thought the surface was a laptop which could be used as a tablet rather than the other way round.

What is the best bricks and mortar store for laptops. I know there are better offers online but that's not much good when you want to try them out first.
    You're best bet is to look on Microsoft.com to look at what Surface products they sell. There is a Surface laptop like you describe but I don't believe it's for sale in Ireland, and when it is you can expect prices to be over 2000€.

PCWorld, Harvey Norman etc etc, it doesn't matter really.

Advertisement