Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 A4 (130hp) turbo pipe

Options
  • 08-07-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Hi.

The turbo pipe ony dad's car has started coming loose as it's worn and a OE pipe is €400!

Is there an aftermarket alternative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I would imagine there are plenty of alternatives such as silicone pipe replacements etc...

Your best bet is to probably head off to eBay or Audi owners forums and do some searching there, I'd be pretty sure most of the engine bay modifiers would have gone down this path many times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Thanks, not 100% sure on the pipe ad the one I was given is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Motor factors can get them spurious, around €100 each. Not sure what the quality is like. The pipes with the clips on the 130hp are stupid though, not sure what was wrong with jubilee clips like the 100hp. If it was me though I'd probably just get one off eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

If the hole in the pipe is board out would that result in more power I wonder.

Advertisement