Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I may have made a terrible mistake!

Options
  • 08-07-2016 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

Just swapped my Dell 3415W for a Iiyama X4071 with a very nice chap in limerick.

4K Screen nice.
    40" - okay perhaps there is a thing as too big! :pac:

That should be HUGE mistake :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Just swapped my Dell 3415W for a Iiyama X4071 with a very nice chap in limerick.

4K Screen nice.
    40" - okay perhaps there is a thing as too big! :pac:

That should be HUGE mistake :pac:

I presume you will explain to your long suffering girlfriend that its in fact the same monitor, and its just her poor spatial awareness/ depth perception that is making her think its different!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hope you're sitting at least 2 feet from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've a 43" 4k, I'd never go smaller again. Its bloody great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I've been a bit of a disappointed boy. Watching 4K video I was getting tearing, especially round faces oddly. I *THINK* this is limited to Youtube so I'm thinking it might be Chrome, I don't seem to get it on VLC.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

PS While 4K high FPS isn't here yet I've been very impressed with the 70FPS I'm able to get (monitor OC'd to 70 - won't do 72 stable sadly) in Fallout 4 and Doom with everything max; apart from AA who needs AA at 4K! Even Warhammer:Totalwar which chugs a bit in 3440x1440p isn't really affected - must be CPU bound. I wonder if I can get above 4.7Ghz :pac:

Advertisement