Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JA and rent allowance?

Options
  • 08-07-2016 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

In the process of recieving JA at family home, I am looking to move out and wondering if I would get a RA or any help towards rent - surely €100 can't cover both rent and cost of living?

I will be 20 come October - if this helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not a hope. That craic went out with butter vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scottbox123

endacl wrote: »
    Not a hope. That craic went out with butter vouchers.

So, it would be the 100 per week to cover all?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

So, it would be the 100 per week to cover all?

Yep. You don't get extra cash just because you want to move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scottbox123

endacl wrote: »
    Yep. You don't get extra cash just because you want to move out.

Not so much that I "want" to move out, more of a "have no other option", nonetheless thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Op this might help
    http://ie.reachout.com/inform-yourself/money-work-and-study/school-leavers/social-welfare-payments/

From reading it I think you would get RA if you meet the criteria, you would have to be on the housing list and find a place.
    That's only my reading of it though so ring citizens advice for a more comprehensive answer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement