Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a UK import from a dealership

Options
  • 07-07-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I am looking for some advice in relation to purchasing a UK import from a dealer.
    I have contacted them and they have confirmed there is a motorcheck Irish & UK history report along with a full service history for both Ireland & the UK also.

The car has already been VRT'd and the dealer no longer has the V5C form. I asked for a copy but he doesn't have one.
    Would I be ok in purchasing a car that doesn't have a V5C form but has a motorcheck and full service history for Ireland & the UK? He has also provided me with the UK registration number.

I am hoping to view the car this weekend and take it for a spin. But want some advice prior to visiting the dealership.

Many thanks,
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

You don't need V5C if it's on Irish plates already...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Get the UK reg and do a history check, then proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

amcdonagh wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am looking for some advice in relation to purchasing a UK import from a dealer.
    I have contacted them and they have confirmed there is a motorcheck Irish & UK history report along with a full service history for both Ireland & the UK also.

The car has already been VRT'd and the dealer no longer has the V5C form. I asked for a copy but he doesn't have one.
    Would I be ok in purchasing a car that doesn't have a V5C form but has a motorcheck and full service history for Ireland & the UK? He has also provided me with the UK registration number.

I am hoping to view the car this weekend and take it for a spin. But want some advice prior to visiting the dealership.

Many thanks,
    Adam

If it has been registered here then he will have had to surrender the V5C to complete the registration. The UK reg will be noted on the Irish licensing cert and you should certainly ask him for that and perform a HPI and vehicle check before purchase. A decent dealer should have done the check when he purchased it so it is surprising that he doesn't have it to provide to you. Large UK dealerships will generally have a HOI check when they take a car in and will update it and provide the report to a new buyer. He may have bought it at auction and relied on the auction house. A

Advertisement