Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Bank Pub

Options
  • 07-07-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's happening here. Corner of O'Connell St and Gladstone St. The spot where bank pub once was is undergoing a lot of work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

thomasm wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happening here. Corner of O'Connell St and Gladstone St. The spot where bank pub once was is undergoing a lot of work.

Southern & Eastern Regional Assembly are moving their offices there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

BBM77 wrote: »

That, their offices next door, Oliver Murphy insurance and other buildings around there are absolutely lovely, great to see some of them back in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Max Powers wrote: »
    That, their offices next door, Oliver Murphy insurance and other buildings around there are absolutely lovely, great to see some of them back in use.

True, some fine buildings down that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

BBM77 wrote: »

Whats the southern & eastern regional assembly? I've never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

shockwave wrote: »

There's this thing called Google, it's amazing and you really should try it out... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

shockwave wrote: »

Here ya go! I didn't know either.

http://www.southernassembly.ie/en/about/about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

thomasm wrote: »
    True, some fine buildings down that way

I think it would make a much better "shopping district" than where most of the shops are now, from the quay front back to o Connell st all the way up and down, and the lane ways in between. And get rid of all the car parks on the quay,
    With all the larger retailers on the main "strips" and the boutique and smaller businesses in the lane ways,
    Shame really as it wasn't that long ago someone (can't remember who right now) called it " the noblest quay in Europe"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

gw80 wrote: »
    I think it would make a much better "shopping district" than where most of the shops are now, from the quay front back to o Connell st all the way up and down, and the lane ways in between. And get rid of all the car parks on the quay,
    With all the larger retailers on the main "strips" and the boutique and smaller businesses in the lane ways,
    Shame really as it wasn't that long ago someone (can't remember who right now) called it " the noblest quay in Europe"
    This guy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Girouard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

gw80 wrote: »
    And get rid of all the car parks on the quay

Where are the cars going to park to use these shops? These car parks are full most days especially on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

Maybe the old foundry site in bilberry, it's completely flattened and probably the only thing it's suitable for, ideal for a high rise, and pretty close too,

• Advertisement
Advertisement