Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad looking for accomodation in Galway

Options
  • 07-07-2016 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys!

I'm moving to Galway to start my PhD in NUIG in September, having fierce trouble finding anywhere though, as most of ye probably already know! Was just wondering if there is anyone who might be interested in teaming up to find somewhere? My budget would be around 400 and preferably would like to be within walking distance of NUIG and the city centre! I won't be able to move up full time until the end of August but would be willing to pay for rent for August if it means I'll have a place to go once I come up :P Wouldn't want a party house but not a graveyard either! I make a mean cuppa and would be up for living with people who don't mind a bit of craic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

MaireCNH wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I'm moving to Galway to start my PhD in NUIG in September, having fierce trouble finding anywhere though, as most of ye probably already know! Was just wondering if there is anyone who might be interested in teaming up to find somewhere? My budget would be around 400 and preferably would like to be within walking distance of NUIG and the city centre! I won't be able to move up full time until the end of August but would be willing to pay for rent for August if it means I'll have a place to go once I come up :P Wouldn't want a party house but not a graveyard either! I make a mean cuppa and would be up for living with people who don't mind a bit of craic!

Have you contacted the students union and/or accom office in NUIG? They always have lists of accommodation. You can also book in to Dún Áras either, as that sometimes has properties that have maturer students?
    Could you stay in a b&b until things settle for a few weeks once college starts back - then people left with spare rooms roll be advertising

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's a long queue. Long.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Besides http://www.daft.ie there is http://classifieds.advertiser.ie/

There is also https://www.facebook.com/groups/385939841504195/

Galway City forum doesn't allow wanted or available accommodation so moving to Third Level Acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭df_h

Get in contact with property management companies, outline what you are looking for, willing to share etc. Worst case scenario they say they have nothing, but I bet many would have plenty of places on their books where getting a postgrad in to share would solve all sorts of problems, or have places up for renewal.

Being a postgraduate you shouldnt have anywhere near the trouble finding a place as compared to undegrads.

Maybe get together with few other people in similar situation? Or friends?

Advertisement