Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell free

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It just means having a Uplay account at all, so essentially free for any and everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm still seeing Prince of Persia as the free game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It doesn't become available until July 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Any idea what/if any DRM will be in it? Or what the license is? Depending if they open up the license temporarily I'd prefer to torrent it. Don't want to have to use Uplay or make another throwaway account. I gave my original away (with Far Cry 3 only) to a friend of mine since I was so unhappy with the game and the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Any idea what/if any DRM will be in it? Or what the license is? Depending if they open up the license temporarily I'd prefer to torrent it. Don't want to have to use Uplay or make another throwaway account. I gave my original away (with Far Cry 3 only) to a friend of mine since I was so unhappy with the game and the service.
    Prince of Persia was added directly to your UPlay account so I imagine the rest of the titles offered will work the same.

• Advertisement

Right but can you confirm if the user needs the Uplay client running after it's downloaded/installed? There's lots of steam games that can run without the steam client. Splinter Cell's PCGW article mentions naught of uplay but that's possibly because uplay doesn't even sell it? I checked uplay site and it didn't show up after using the site's search bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Right but can you confirm if the user needs the Uplay client running after it's downloaded/installed? There's lots of steam games that can run without the steam client. Splinter Cell's PCGW article mentions naught of uplay but that's possibly because uplay doesn't even sell it? I checked uplay site and it didn't show up after using the site's search bar.
    There's confirmation on this thread that Prince of Persia could be played without UPlay being active so I'd wager it'll be the same with Splinter Cell.

^ Awesome!

I've just manually tested it, and PoP does run without UPlay, though it needed Uplay to do an install/setup routine first.

This doesn't mean Splinter Cell is different, but given it's even older it seems a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The first 3 games were the best in this series

• Advertisement
Advertisement