Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI for deferring students?

Options
  • 07-07-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm taking next year out before going to college and don't know whether I should apply for the grants now or wait till next year. Please help, the closing date is tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

apply next year. Applying this year would be to get the grant for the coming semester

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

you sure? I don't want to go over the deadline to find out I'm missing out on a much needed grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Tomk_1111 wrote: »
    you sure? I don't want to go over the deadline to find out I'm missing out on a much needed grant.

You apply for it the year you are going to college, you can't defer a grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

I know, but would it be the same situation if someone didnt get the points and had to repeat? Would they have to reapply next year or would their previous application carry over?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

If you apply and don't follow through with your course, you just email to cancel your application. The following year, you just log in and apply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement