Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendation for weekend trip

Options
  • 07-07-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I have a campervan for the weekend and was looking for recommendations. I was advised to go to Sligo but am open to other suggestions. It'll be me and my 14 year old son so would be looking for a few activities. We were in Lough Key before so looking for something different.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have just arrived in Six Mile Water at Lough Neagh (Antrim town) lovely site on the water's edge and marina. Antrim forum close by. Fishing cycle paths etc. Striking distance to Bushmills, Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-read bridge etc. Will know better tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Yikes! I hear Antrim town is nowt to write home about/wouldnt be out after dark..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Betsy Og wrote: »
    Yikes! I hear Antrim town is nowt to write home about/wouldnt be out after dark..........

The town is very reminiscent of a town in Sussex or similar. Could be any town in the Home Counties. Turned into the carpark beside the railway station, only it was actually the PSNI HQ , but on the gate house told me to keep going and spin round on the parade ground rather than reverse back into the road :D
    We went to the giants causeway today. Great hike on the Red Path, and down The Shepards Steps to the rock formations. Keep away from interpretive centre and paid car park. Rip off.

Advertisement