Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 warm start problem

Options
  • 07-07-2016 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

I have a 06 petrol A3

Recently its giving me problems starting when the engine is warm.

Its fine starting from cold and if I drive and leave it for up to 15 minutes or so it starts fine too, anything longer than that (even after 2/3 hours) and it takes 2 or 3 attempts to fire it up.

Any ideas/help appreciated.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its almost certainly the water temp sensor, once they start playing up either a cold start is impossible or a warm start is! If it's failed/wonky then the ECU gets bad information and will deliver the wrong amount of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Its almost certainly the water temp sensor, once they start playing up either a cold start is impossible or a warm start is! If it's failed/wonky then the ECU gets bad information and will deliver the wrong amount of fuel.

Great thanks for that,i'll get it checked out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

get it scanned before you replace the sensor or else you could be just wasting money on something that may not be the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

May or may not be of any use but my '00 A4 had a problem with not starting when warm. Turned out to be the crankshaft sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    May or may not be of any use but my '00 A4 had a problem with not starting when warm. Turned out to be the crankshaft sensor.
    Yeah did a bit of googling and both the coolant and crankshaft sensors were mentioned as possible causes. I have a decent mechanic so will get him to test both and see if anything shows up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement