Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animal Kingdom TNT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭squonk

It's an OK show. I'm just not really getting into it though. Mind you, I think it could be just the 'watching TV in the middle of summer' thing that means I'm not really concentrating on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Well, I've seen all 6 episodes to date, and I must say that so far it is one of my favourite new shows this year.

While it is distinctly different to Breaking Bad, on some level Animal Kingdom appeals to me in a similar way.

Ellen Barkin is excellent as Smurf, and I really love that they have located it in a place that the storylines involve many Mexican/Latino characters. I generally like shows with this combination of characters, e.g. BB/BCS, The Bridge US, Jane the Virgin, OITNB etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This is good not great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

hummm, about 4 episodes in and it's missing something for me, feels a bit toothless though I'll probably stick with it til the end while I wait for some other shows to wrap up. Has a Game of Silence feel which I was expecting big things from but gave up 5 episodes in.

It's very weird the way the granny is always flirting with her sons & grandson.

You never have a penny lads- here's an idea getting a bleedin job, especially the lad with the kid. SOA never seemed to have a penny either, just goes to show, crime doesn't pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭squonk

You know you hit a nail there with the SOA angle. I hadn't quite seen it before but I knew there was something off about the show for me too and it's pretty much what you've said. Like SOA, kind of silly convoluted setups that just work because we're in a scripted world. Nobody has any money but they all have decent gear anyway. I'm not up to date because of the Olympics but the naval base cash heist was the same kind of BS that SOA would pull where it worked because everyone went along for the ride. The setup for the cash heist wasn't veyr concrete. The naval guy is going to end up on the wrong side of Military police anyway. I'd rather end up there for a genuine mistake and where he could at least say he was set up rather than just completely breaking bad.

I'm sticking with the show to see how it ends but it's not doing heaps for me and isn't even as entertaining as SOA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was this ever picked up over here or is it on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Was back last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was this ever picked up over here or is it on Netflix?

It's on Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Does s2 get any better? I struggled to finish s1.

• Advertisement

Denis Leary is joining as Billy, the estranged drifter father of Deran

http://tvline.com/2018/02/27/denis-leary-animal-kingdom-season-3-spoilers/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

I've finished seaaon 1 and it has a few moments here and there, not as good as the film. I don't find any of the characters likeable at all which makes things difficult. It also tries to be an edgy, gritty show without doing any of the heavy lifting to make this believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Enjoying this show I’ve just watched episode 8 or season 3, the robberies are clever it’s definitly improved from the first season

The internet isn’t for everyone

watching series 4 now and it is building up nicely with a couple of different storylines going

Just watching the first few episodes of series 5, long delay due to COVID but glad it’s back

series 5 is going well flipping from the early years of smurf to the present day, I must be the only one watching it around here

Brilliant last episode to series 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I actually thought there was a more active thread however this was the only one I could find.

Teaser trailer for the final season

Only one episode left

Will J win and fcuk over the uncles or will he get a bullet in the head from one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I have watched nearly every season of this show but glad its ending. They have made every character vapid and unlikeable and the flashbacks only purpose seem to be make Smurf look worse. I do have sympathy for young Julia and how we know her story ends.

the last episode should be intense, I’m excited to see who gets away clean and if j’s plan works

hes a sneaky fecker

A disappointing ending for me.

They all deserved to die or end up in jail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Its a show about criminals so it is hard sometimes to empathise with any of the characters but I did find the ending very dark. I would find it hard to rewatch the series knowing how they all end up.

I enjoyed the last episode I wasn’t sure which way it was going to go

Advertisement