Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Yaadgar forced to close by Food Safety Authority

Options
  • 06-07-2016 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Hmmm..not good. Forced to close from June 22nd to June 23rd 2016...

From the Food Authority website

Five Closure Orders were served under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 on:

New Yaadgar (restaurant/canteen), Esker Court, William Street, Tullamore, Offaly...

Commenting on the latest Enforcement Orders, Dr Pamela Byrne, Chief Executive, FSAI stated it is not acceptable for food businesses to potentially put consumers’ health at risk through sub-standard food safety practices.

“By law, food businesses should at all times produce or serve food that is safe to eat. This is only achieved through continuous review of food safety practices and standards to ensure adherence to current legislation. Negligent practices cannot and will not be tolerated. The onus is on every food business to have a food safety management system in place, which assists in identifying and controlling hazards that could pose a danger in the preparation of safe food.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

That's not good at all. I haven't been in there in ages but it always seemed OK. It's good to see the "system" working. Inspections are good and hopefully find any problems before they become a public health issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

It was closed for 1 day. Opened up business as usual the next day is that right.
    Were the Food authority speaking specifically or in general, because you make it look otherwise.

Do you own a rival atein' house by any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

As I wrote Commenting on the latest Enforcement Orders ...looks like the Food Safety Chief was speaking about all of the premises affected and not just Yaadgar. I just copied what's on their website.

And -nope -I'm just like you I hope - a concerned BIFFO and nothing to do with any other "atein'" houses either apart from being a payin' customer of most of them from time to time.

Interesting how the Tullamore Trib featured the article on this on Page 2 last week with nothing on the name of the establishment until you read the detail of the story!!

Advertisement