Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple header in Thurles next Saturday?

Options
  • 06-07-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you sit by ticket number for this or is it unreserved seating once you get in?

Want to sort out tickets tomorrow for myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

big_drive wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you sit by ticket number for this or is it unreserved seating once you get in?

Want to sort out tickets tomorrow for myself

Its reserved seating .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

Ok thanks.

I thought it might have been unreserved when I saw all prices were €25 usually they have a cheaper price for the uncovered section in the old stand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

There'll be little or no-one there for the first game. Could have played it in a club venue. I'm not mad on these tripleheaders. Fair play, it means the supporters of Cork and Limerick can see both their teams but it ignores the reality that most hurling supporters in both counties wouldn't bother going to watch the football.

There'll be no atmosphere in Thurles for the majority of the afternoon. One day the people in marketing will realise that smaller venues packed with people make for a greater occasion than playing games in empty stadiums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

howiya wrote: »
    There'll be little or no-one there for the first game. Could have played it in a club venue. I'm not mad on these tripleheaders. Fair play, it means the supporters of Cork and Limerick can see both their teams but it ignores the reality that most hurling supporters in both counties wouldn't bother going to watch the football.

There'll be no atmosphere in Thurles for the majority of the afternoon. One day the people in marketing will realise that smaller venues packed with people make for a greater occasion than playing games in empty stadiums

I think the sensible thing would have been two double headers; Cork v Limerick football followed by Cork v Wexford hurling in Thurles one day (Saturday/Sunday) and on the other day the Munster Intermediate final (Cla v Lim) followed by the senior Clare v Limerick qualifier game. Maybe I'm being a bit biased but a Clare Limerick hurling double header would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    I think the sensible thing would have been two double headers; Cork v Limerick football followed by Cork v Wexford hurling in Thurles one day (Saturday/Sunday) and on the other day the Munster Intermediate final (Cla v Lim) followed by the senior Clare v Limerick qualifier game. Maybe I'm being a bit biased but a Clare Limerick hurling double header would have been nice.

With the Munster final being on in the Gaelic Grounds on Sunday, I dunno if those involved in match day stewarding/organisation would be too happy that they would miss the Limerick-Clare down in Thurles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Whatever about Cork people preferring hurling to football, there will be sweet **** all Limerick fans for the football.

Advertisement