Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Explain this NCT?

Options
  • 06-07-2016 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭

Just browsing older Merc's, then saw this 1997 car with an NCT issued last month up till Jan 2018.

I thought anything over 10 years automatically got a 1 year NCT, and even if it's a typo then surely there should be a failsafe in the NCT to prevent it happening? If it is then what's to stop many more "typo's".

Or am I missing something?

The link to the ad: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-sl320/12644638

The NCT cert.

ZWE2NjdmNTgzNjVjNzk4NDU2ZmY2ZDIyNGIxODBhZDSGDhHnUtDPB3KfZWb8mHN5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODAxMTEyNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

The car in question

NmNlMzhkZjNjNzg5NDdiMTY2ZGM4ODkyY2Y2NDNmZTm6xxpqH8hQ54rFzTA91DpjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODAxMTEyNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

That NCT is for a Ford Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Buffman

Scam, as said, the advertised NCT is for a post 08 CO2 based motor tax Focus with a 7 digit reg. The merc has 8 digits in its reg.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Indeed it is. Old age ravages the eyes a bit.

he has it down in the ad as NCT till 2018 though. Just checked the NCT site, it's up in October.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Indeed it is. Old age ravages the eyes a bit.

he has it down in the ad as NCT till 2018 though. Just checked the NCT site, it's up in October.

I just checked out his other ad, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just say he's a bit dim.

ZmM4NWI3MzFlYTcwOTA5N2VmOWNlMDY1NmZmODIwYjNtgmrJng65aPSd8Fz2DC2qaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODA5OTIxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

the ad is gone....lots of people read this forum it seems

• Advertisement

the ad is gone....lots of people read this forum it seems

His Focus ad is still up, I'd say somebody reported the Merc ad to DoneDeal.

Advertisement