Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN Party In Galway - July 31st

Options
  • 06-07-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Howdy all,

As the title suggests, myself and about 7-8 others are planning a LAN party in the Connacht Hotel in Galway City, on Sunday 31st of August (bank holiday weekend).

Games are TBD, as we're waiting for more people before voting, but we're following a format for the day that aims to keep everyone happy.

Will run from about 11am until as late as people are happy to stay on, usually well into the wee hours..

It'll be about €10-€15 per person to cover the cost of the conference room, (will vary depending on how many come).

If this is something that you and your friends are interested in, then reply below with your steam name and I'll pop you an invite to the Steam group, or just add me and I'll do the same. My steam name is: nintendont

ggwpez!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm out of the country that week.

But it is a great idea, fair play.

Hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 d1sc0d3v1l

Hope it works out.

Cheers, it's definitely going ahead at this stage, just trying to up the numbers a bit... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can't make it I'm afraid, but best of luck to ye, I enjoyed many's the fine LAN in Galway over the years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'll be up for going, will bring the woman too hopefully.

My steam is in the Sig, will there be fun games like Dark Souls or not fun games like CSGO? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd head along if I had a PC that could play games :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What's the date? The 31st is a Wednesday...

I'd happy enough to come along as long as the games were fairly mass-appeal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What's the date? The 31st is a Wednesday...

I'd happy enough to come along as long as the games were fairly mass-appeal....

Just answered my own question, the title says July 31st but the post says August 31st! At a wedding that weekend so unfortunately that's me ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 d1sc0d3v1l

title says July 31st but the post says August 31st!

Oops! Sorry but that, it's July 31st. Can't edit the post for some reason, will try again later...
    I'll be up for going, will bring the woman too hopefully.

My steam is in the Sig, will there be fun games like Dark Souls or not fun games like CSGO? :D

Awesome, I'll drop you a line on steam in a few.

Doubt there'll be any Dark Souls, but there's scope to play what you want with other people at different times, so ask in the steam group...

As for CS:GO, nah, I don't think anyone wants to go there... There may be an hour or two of CoD4 or R6: Siege though. There's definitely going to be some shooters and RTS's, but we're hoping to keep it well mixed. I'm going to setup a screen with Mario Kart 64 and maybe a few other retro games (I've got a Raspberry Pi hooked up with 4 replica SNES controllers).

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I'll be there. Laviski too. Please everyone.. it's 2016 .. lets all shower and put on fresh t shirts.. dont anyone be that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

-Vega- wrote: »
    it's 2016

John Oliver coming to this LAN?

Anyway I'd love to go but I just don't have to money to travel for such things unfortunately. Maybe I'll be at the next one :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement