Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prey for the Gods

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

This is a really stupid thing to be annoyed about, but those trees in the end with light-foliage (when the title appears) should not be swaying as the snow fall is too light to appear to be any harsh wind! :pac:

Other than that it looks sharp... and pretty much Shadow of the Colossus, maybe elements of Journey (praying to get powers?).

EDIT: I tried to embed the trailer too but am getting playback errors.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Website

Trailer:

So... SotC set in the snow?
    PC/Mac only for now.

3-man dev team.

Maybe it can be out before The Last Guardian :pac:

You've put the site URL in the Youtube tags.

Perhaps you meant:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2nd trailer

Female protagonist?
    Wolf companion?
    Hookshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pledged!

So looks like there's a Kickstarter.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802508750/prey-for-the-gods

Not 100% sure I want to back it... gonna sleep on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I really dig the look of this. It essentially plagiarizes SOTC but I don't mind that too much.

I do find some of the goals a little concerning, extra animations, environments, weapons.. some of those feel like huge design decisions that I don't feel funding should really be affecting but I guess that is the thing with kickstarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

SotC 2, i'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Isn't "Prey for Gods" a "Shadow of the Colossus" lookalike??? They are very similar to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

tok9 wrote: »
    I really dig the look of this. It essentially plagiarizes SOTC but I don't mind that too much.

I do find some of the goals a little concerning, extra animations, environments, weapons.. some of those feel like huge design decisions that I don't feel funding should really be affecting but I guess that is the thing with kickstarter.
    In order to deliver the additional assets in time for the initial release they'd probably need to bring a contractor on board to help with their creation so it makes sense that they'd be a stretch goal, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

The kickstarter seems to be flying it so far. The game looks really promising in the trailers still not sure if I'll back it though.

• Advertisement

So, a bit of new Tomb Raider influence (+ survival mechanics)?

Looks that way from some of the bow and grapple parts in the video doesn't it, and how she seems to be affected by the cold with the little camp fire icon on the bottom and the screen frosting.

Great news for consoles , they have it running and running pretty well even unoptimised.

Guess they overestimated how difficult it would be :) (wonder how many developers that happens to)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802508750/prey-for-the-gods/posts/1635921
    Prey for the Gods is running and playable on PS4 and Xbox One. We figured this was going to be incredibly difficult to pull off. Initially, we put that stretch goal at $600K so we could hire people to offload Tim's work allowing him to focus on consoles.
    However, we had to respond to the outcry from fans as people were pledging substantial amounts, without even a working computer, just for the chance that we'd hit a stretch goal. So we took it upon ourselves last week to shift our priorities and focus on getting the game to run on consoles. We were surprised and incredibly excited by the results. Within days, we had them playable and running @30 FPS, un-optimized! At that time, we knew we needed to take another look at our stretch goals. We also took this time to be a little more explicit with how we intend to use the funds. Namely, showing that we wish to hire an in-house animator and in-house world builder. We were also able to squeeze in Mac/Steam!! HURRAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

fully funded with more than a week to go

Game has been renamed

Praey for the Gods

due to Bethesda's lawyers being lawyery cúnts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zenimax/Bethesda (the publishing side) are far and away the most disgusting company in the games industry right now.

People throw their toys out if their pram when Nintendo farts in wrong direction yet nobody bats an eyelid when zenimax/Bethesda bull scumbag stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Praey for the Gods

They should double down & call it 'Prey for a Good Fallout'

Prey for Fallout Scrolls

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Zenimax/Bethesda (the publishing side) are far and away the most disgusting company in the games industry right now.

People throw their toys out if their pram when Nintendo farts in wrong direction yet nobody bats an eyelid when zenimax/Bethesda bull scumbag stuff like this.

They'll own Ubisoft shortly aswell..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

That'd be Vivendi attempting a hostile acquisition of Ubisoft however even their behavior is less duplicitous than Bethesda's during their attempt at acquiring Human Head in the middle of the development of the original Prey 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

gizmo wrote: »
    That'd be Vivendi attempting a hostile acquisition of Ubisoft however even their behavior is less duplicitous than Bethesda's during their attempt at acquiring Human Head in the middle of the development of the original Prey 2.

Yikes! you are correct.. thatll teach me to comment before my 4th coffee of the morning.. :-(

Coming to Steam Early Access tomorrow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Warner bros is giving them a good run for their money

the "ae" change to "Prey" kinda helped them imho, they'll show up better in Google searches now :)

Think I'll actually jump on the Early-Access train for this one.

it is coming up as 'Praey' for me when I activated the game

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got my key last night, so must give it a go this weekend, if / when resi 2 gets its claws out of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This is out now on PS4, PS5 and v1.0 on Steam. Surprise release that I was only made aware of due to a notification saying it was available for sale. I was expecting a pre-order, but nope, it's out. €30, and it looks amazing. Steam EA reviews are positive, and RPS's description has me hyped for it. Will be picking it up Friday.

Core loop like SOTC, but with BOTW and survival elements. I am looking forward to playing this. Weekend sorted!

Looks amazing to have been done by a 3-man team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I completely forgot about this. Looking forward to your thoughts PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement