Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaid credit cards

Options
  • 06-07-2016 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

i'm with 3v.ie prepaid visa card but they have just stopped issu:confused:ing new vouchers so i have no way of topping up my account . thank god there's nothing left in :)
    i just use it to buy from ebay and amazon etc. can anyone recommend an alternative service for moderate use that will work with paypal.
    i heard of scrill and swirl any good or bad dealings with either.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Any reason why you can't just use a visa debit?

Tbh those prepay cards are awful expensive and only really had a point when people had no credit /debit card which everyone has nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

I use swirl,no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Any reason why you can't just use a visa debit?

Tbh those prepay cards are awful expensive and only really had a point when people had no credit /debit card which everyone has nowadays

Revolt is free. And multi currency

• Registered Users Posts: 33 borotom

i'm old style and don't have a credit card. i try to limit my exposure to fraud. i dont mind paying an extra couple of euros for things as it wouldn't be much for what i buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

The answer depends on why you used 3v in the first place. Security concerns, no bank account, or some other reason?

• Advertisement

i hve heard of people waiting a long time for their revolt cards and having trouble with their app

3v was extremely easy to use . i just went to my local payzone retailer and topped up just what i needed to buy what i wanted and bough it that day. all top ups were available immediately and didn't have to wait on bank transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

borotom wrote: »
    3v was extremely easy to use . i just went to my local payzone retailer and topped up just what i needed to buy what i wanted and bough it that day. all top ups were available immediately and didn't have to wait on bank transfers

You still don't have to wait on bank transfers with visa debit or revolut

And you certainly don't pay €2.50 for the privilege of spending online either

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublintweety

You just need to ask for a 3money voucher & top up online. Find my card very convenient for buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

borotom wrote: »
    i'm old style and don't have a credit card. i try to limit my exposure to fraud. i dont mind paying an extra couple of euros for things as it wouldn't be much for what i buy

With a credit card the bank takes the hit fraud, not you

• Advertisement

thanks for all your reply's i will have a look at the revolt card and decide then. again thanks for your reply's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I also use Three Money & find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

this is what happens when you get morkeshing interns to do your online work...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

chrisire wrote: »
    I use swirl,no problems with it.
    expensive i thought, so much to top up, especially if one has to top up in small amounts due to cash flow probs, then a little more when a purchase is made, mine was hacked twice, i got only paid back for one

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

SWIRL Card, as you are posting on behalf of a company I have to ask you to refrain from posting any further until you have obtained a verified rep account from the guys in the office. They can be contacted at reps@boards.ie and I have made them aware that they should be hearing from you.

Please note that further posts without having first obtained a verified rep account may result in a siteban until the account has been verified.

Advertisement