Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accessible travel help??

• 06-07-2016 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Hope you're all well.

Wondering what your current experience of accessible travel is like? Does accessibility play a role in where you decide to go? What's your major issues with travelling somewhere?
    Transport? Accessible accommodation? Accessible pub or restaurant? Things to see and do?

I'm a wheelchair user myself and to be honest find it a bloody nightmare! So many things to consider! Myself and some partners are working on a possible solution to these problems and are trialling in Dublin at the moment.

Looking for your help if possible? We've developed phase 1 of the website and app and really need feedback. Could you have a look here –
    website
    https://mobilitymojo.ie/
    iPhone app
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/mobility-mojo/id1096118389?ls=1&mt=8
    android app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sri.mobilitymojo1&hl=en

Any feedback good or bad would be very much appreciated as this is where we need to tease out the solution.
    This will hopefully help huge amounts of people with accessible needs and delighted to be starting with Dublin.

Thanks!!

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Great idea. I have mobility issues so would appreciate a guide to accessible places. Most places focus on wheelchair users but don't take into account the issues of putting the toilets far away in a shop or needing to walk somewhere to get a toilet key when you are limping and bursting at the same time!

The IWA magazine recently mentioned the blog of a girl who writes reviews on the accessibility of pubs, clubs, festivals and gigs. She is in Dublin but gets feedback from other places. It is called Legless in Dublin I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

That's very helpful information, thank you very much.

What else would you like to see included in the app and website?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

saw this on saturday and thought great idea,
    website leaves so much to be desired. No info on featuered hotel's, transport 6 taxis featured, dublin and galway only ? cant register ?

What a waste of a good idea and somebody got a eu grant for this

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

Big C wrote: »
    saw this on saturday and thought great idea,
    website leaves so much to be desired. No info on featuered hotel's, transport 6 taxis featured, dublin and galway only ? cant register ?

What a waste of a good idea and somebody got a eu grant for this

Hi, thanks for the feedback and fully agree. What's there at the moment is pretty poor but very excited about the next two months. We have the new site in development at the moment which will address those issues, and much more, so would be great to get your feedback on it when that's live. I'll keep you posted

Advertisement