Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatstone Institute Cork

Options
  • 05-07-2016 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Flatstone psychotherapy training institute and what did they think of them? Difficult to find information on them so any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated as I am considering doing a course with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

http://flatstonepsychotherapytraining.com/course-description/

Link to the website with course content and outline. For a diploma, it is a pretty substantial training programme (4 years) in duration.Additionally you are required to undertake therapy throughout the 4 yea's, in conjunction with group process and residential weeks. From a personal development perspective, it offers as much, if not more, than most other courses.

It is accredited by Iahip as far as I can tell. In order to become accredited with this body, the course has to meet certain requirements, one of which is personal therapy. The other, is that the course must be 4 years in duration. However, I had thought this was to mean at post grad level. You should ring and check with them.

One negative would be that the diploma does not have educational accreditation.

The course content seems to be integrative, have you checked if the theories/modality matches with your values and beliefs?

Advertisement