Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 and ram.

Options
  • 05-07-2016 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all. I recently bought 2 X 4 gb sticks to add to the 2 already installed on my self build. Total ram in bios is 16 gb. Win 10 goes into a cycle of repairing etc, always with different error. I definitely have the same sticks installed. Win 10 works fine when I remove the new sticks.
    Ideas very much appreciated.

Take care.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

It seems that Win 10 is a bit picky about RAM. I had a Win8.1 installation upgraded to win10 and it BSODed on me repeatedly. I restored my backup of Win 8.1 and it was fine. After another failed attempt I downloaded memtest and sure enough it reported issues with one of my sticks. I returned it to Crucial explaining the issue and they replaced it under their lifetime guarantee. Haven't had a problem since. And I bought Crucial sticks for my latest build after their excellent customer service.

I'd run memtest and see how you get on.

Advertisement