Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Zv8 plate?

Options
  • 05-07-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I realise this has most likely been asked before but I did a good search and couldn't find a recent ish answer.
    I'm bringing in a car and I'd like to have the first digit after the zv be an 8. Is it possible? I found a table showing the zv allocation by county, am I right in thinking if I register the car in Waterford I'll get zv8?? Am I way off the mark?
    Cheers,
    Steve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

you'd need
    an address there to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

you'd need
    an address there to do it

And proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 photosteve

aujopimur wrote: »
    And proof.

What kinda proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

well if they did, it's that that's changed, it certainly was the case that a car's county would be determined by your address.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Presently the ZV 8xxxx are around:

Waterford City: ZV 80727 >
    Waterford County: ZV 83545 >
    Westmeath: ZV 85963 >
    Wicklow: ZV 89024 >

• Advertisement

macplaxton wrote: »
    Presently the ZV 8xxxx are around:

Waterford City: ZV 80727 >
    Waterford County: ZV 83545 >
    Westmeath: ZV 85963 >
    Wicklow: ZV 89024 >

Perfect, I have an address in Wicklow I can use. I checked the nct website and all I need is photo I'd and my pps no.
    Worth a shot any way. I brought in a v6 TVR three years ago and live in Meath so I was pleasantly surprised when I got a z v6 number. Just brought in a 928 yesterday so it'll be nice to have a matching set of plates :)

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll post up here how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,968 ✭✭✭✭unkel

photosteve wrote: »
    Just brought in a 928 yesterday

Ooohh! Pictures please and we'd like the full story behind your purchase too :)

unkel wrote: »
    Ooohh! Pictures please and we'd like the full story behind your purchase too :)

Right here goes. I've wanted one of these cars for ages and about 3 years ago I almost bought one. After 6 months searching I found one I liked, a price was agreed and I was all set to buy it. I had it brought to Paul Anderson in Stroud for a ppi and he found a crack in the chassis.
    Anyway between having more kids and moving house the idea got shelved until recently. I put out a few calls and emails to a couple of the Porsche groups to see what was out there. I called Paul Anderson, he remembered me and what I was looking for and told me he had a customer who was selling the right car for me :)
    I got in touch and chatted back and forth for a bit and went over to pick it up from Herefordshire on Wednesday. The last owner was a really nice chap and a real enthusiast with a genuine reason for selling. He looked a little emotional when I was driving her away.
    The nitty gritty. It's a 1985 S2 4 speed auto. The last owner had her for 9 years and spent over £20k!! Full S4 brakes and suspension, custom ss exhaust front to back, air con works, cruise control works and the list goes on. All work carried out in Stroud.
    The bad part is cosmetically she's a bit rough. A previous owner had it resprayed and it's a very poor job. The roof is a different colour to the rest of the car, the lacquer is peeling all over and the interior is a bit tatty and tired. None of which you can see when it's going 150mph :)

I need to post one more time apparently before I can put up images :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I need to post one more time apparently before I can put up images :)
    Let's be having them now!

• Advertisement

27894716520_ab5b846f5e_n.jpg

27894716420_e8f05a0754_n.jpg

27560767663_88212c65ed_n.jpg

27560525444_52098e79a1_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

There is a dark blue one of these floating about Dundalk A plate black leather V8 nice note from it!

Snap!

391252.jpg

That was mine...

An S2 Auto, just like yours

That's a lovely car, photosteve. Great colour combo. A bit of tlc that interior with scrub up very well.

Would you consider putting some period rims on it?

Also - you have a wedge!

There is a dark blue one of these floating about Dundalk A plate black leather V8 nice note from it!

This one has x pipes and no silencers, it's very very loud! I may have to tone it down a bit but I'm enjoying how it makes people jump when I floor it :)

Dades wrote: »
    That's a lovely car, photosteve. Great colour combo. A bit of tlc that interior with scrub up very well.

Would you consider putting some period rims on it?

Also - you have a wedge!

Thanks Dades, tbh the cosmetics don't bother me much. If she was mint id be afraid to drive her anywhere. I do have the original slot wheels though they're powdercoated bright orange!
    As for the wedge that's my problem child :) it's a rare 2+2 only 47 ever made.
    I also have a Bentley that's currently in a thousand pieces and a really nice w123 230CE that I'll be selling soon now I have the Porker.image.jpeg

Those original slots are a bit intense alright!

• Advertisement

and a really nice w123 230CE that I'll be selling soon

Any more info on that car? Pics? How much you looking for?

Advertisement