Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBONE Replacement

Options
  • 05-07-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Many years ago I switched from PC to console (ps1) but I'm considering switching back and replacing my xbox one with a custom PC.

My question is mostly about the interface. I share it with my kids and would prefer to have a shell or loader for the games instead of windows explorer. Like the XEXLoader for the 360 or similar, does something like this exist?

My goal is to keep it as similar to a console style setup while leveraging the PC for a better experience.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's Windows... It's a pretty simple interface. Stick a folder on the desktop called GAMES and stick a shortcut to all their approved games in that. Job done. They need to learn how to use a computer anyway to become functioning adults in the 21st Century, the sooner they do the better off they'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I've media PCs already running the tvs/movies but the user experience is better since they use kodi (not having to play stuff with vlc etc).

I want to try and achieve the same with the gaming pc. They have PCs already but I'd prefer to have avoid having keyboards/mice around the sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have Steam set to launch in Big Picture Mode maybe, Steam should start with Windows in its controller interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Download steam (which you will be doing anyway) and play games on TV in big picture mode. It is a console style interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Thanks guys, that looks more like what I want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement