Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo taxi number didn't match

Options
  • 04-07-2016 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I picked up a hailo on the weekend and the taxi number didn't match the app. This isn't the first time it has happened, but this time I didn't trust the guys story. The car registered on hailo belonged to a 2012 Skoda Octavia but the car I got was a much older clapped out model. I decided to report it to hailo despite the driver claiming it was a hailo mistake. Long story short, if the number, name and photo don't match then report it. This undermines the safety benefits of hailo and they will get back to you with feedback. My suspicions seem to have been correct.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have Hailo got back to you?

I had to report a Minicab in Birmingham (little relevance, I know) and found that the city council there are utterly useless with handling them. NTA here are rather a lot better and I suspect they'd be interested about the misrepresentation even if the booking app is not their responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

From hailo:
    Thank you for using Hailo and for letting us know about this.

The top priorities of Hailo are the security of passengers and the traceability of drivers on our network. Please know that the driver in question has been contacted in order to emphasise the importance of going on shift with the proper identification. We take complaints of this nature very seriously and do not hesitate to suspend drivers who do not adhere to our standards, so please know that we will contact and caution the driver and ensure his details are verifiable.

For Hailo to continue to be a successful and reliable service for passengers we are always looking to maintain the integrity and quality of our drivers. For this reason we would like to say thank you for taking the time to inform us about this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

I picked up a hailo on the weekend and the taxi number didn't match the app. This isn't the first time it has happened, but this time I didn't trust the guys story. The car registered on hailo belonged to a 2012 Skoda Octavia but the car I got was a much older clapped out model. I decided to report it to hailo despite the driver claiming it was a hailo mistake. Long story short, if the number, name and photo don't match then report it. This undermines the safety benefits of hailo and they will get back to you with feedback. My suspicions seem to have been correct.

Why didnt you get out if you were suspicious?

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    Why didnt you get out if you were suspicious?

It wasn't worth it just because the drivers car was too old and dilapidated for Hailo.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

It wasn't worth it just because the drivers car was too old and dilapidated for Hailo.

So why complain ? When you say it was too old and dilapidated for Hailo what do you mean exactly?

• Advertisement

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    So why complain ? When you say it was too old and dilapidated for Hailo what do you mean exactly?
    Car was supposed to be Hailo plus. Plate number didn't match. It's up to Hailo to decide if there is a problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the plate number doesn't match versus what they are stating to a third party the NTA will still be interested.

Advertisement