Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 VW Polo or 2008 Mazda 2?

Options
  • 04-07-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone!
    I am looking into buying a good reliable for my girlfriend. She wants something small, reliable and nice looking so that narrows it down! It would be used for short city drives - to and from work mainly. We have it narrowed down to either a 2007 Polo or 2008 Mazda 2. They both cost roughly the same (even though Polo is a year older) and road tax is roughly the same.
    Which one of these would be the more reliable? Are these reliable cars!? Any known issues with either model that might be hidden under the bonnet? Any other car suggestions might be worth looking into?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mazda2 will easily be the more reliable of those two. Mazda parts can be expensive but over the course of ownership I reckon that will balance itself out in terms of reliability. The Mazda2 is basically a rebadged Ford Fiesta though a 2008 example would be based on the Fiesta that came out in early 2009 rather than the previous model.

I'd look at the Renault Clio too, despite the bad image Renaults of that vintage have the Clio was always a very good car. For example:
    http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Renault/Clio/1.2-MONACO/201014664194340360/

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In this case the Mazda. Polo would be the old model.

Advertisement