Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi or hackney for regular commute

Options
  • 04-07-2016 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here experience of using a taxi or hackney as a regular commute. I'm looking for a provider three days a week there and back (local) basically I'm looking for a company who can maybe offer a small discount for to the business. Is a hackney likely to offer better value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

you should be able to arrange a deal/flat fee. I used to do this in Dublin, I needed a taxi out in the morning and back in the evening, arranged a deal with the taxi company and one driver was assigned to all the trips, basically he was my chauffeur :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If you want send me on some other details about this via pm and I could give a recommendation

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I may do that next week, a few things to iron out first.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I was talking to a lad who works in one of the call centres opposite Witfield, he was telling me that he get picked up in the glen area and brought out there for €7, I thought that was decent value, dunno how often he gets taxis in and out thou, I can find out for you, if you like.

I'd be going Cherrymount to Carriganore which is similar sort of distance I'd have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'd be going Cherrymount to Carriganore which is similar sort of distance I'd have thought.

15 - 20 minutes on a bike, you wouldn't even break a sweat.

I'd thought about that and decided I'd sooner get to work dry and/or not in a muck sweat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I'd thought about that and decided I'd sooner get to work dry and/or not in a muck sweat!

Proper gear and it's not a big deal at all. The road passing the front of the college isnt that steep. The worst bit is going over the hill into arclabs but otherwise it's a fairly flat route. With the right gearing on a bicycle you should have no trouble.

It doesn't rain that heavily or that often on the way to work for it to be a massive issue.

Advertisement