Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Game 16/17

Options
  • 04-07-2016 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭

Sky game is live. I think it has been for a couple of days now. Don't usually play it as the interface isn't a patch on FPL but I picked a rough team there, which is pretty tough. Also it looks like you can have multiple captains each gameweek one to cover each day. Anybody else had a look at it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah it launched on the 1st of July I think. Picked a team but it's tough this year as some of the prices are pretty outrageous. The captain switching has always been a part of the Sky game as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yeah it launched on the 1st of July I think. Picked a team but it's tough this year as some of the prices are pretty outrageous. The captain switching has always been a part of the Sky game as far as I know.

I think though you can change captain and keep the double score. That's what one of the mods on FFS said anyway. Depends how you interpret the following:
    You can choose a captain for the Saturday matches before the Match Day deadline giving you the chance to score double points. On completion of these matches, you can then change your captain for the next Match Day to cover the Sunday matches.

If a captain change is made after a Match Day deadline, your original captain will score points for the current Match Day. Your new captain will carry over and start scoring from the next Match Day.

Yep you get to keep the previous captain score like previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've played it for a few years but never too seriously. My attention and time always ends up with fpl and I end up forgetting to switch captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have messed about with a couple of teams for the new season...

.. I like the new interface on the App I must say.

Captain rules/scores appears to be as before. Just the added complication of Friday night games to contend with this year.

Max number of transfers in a single week is now 5 which should make competing for a weekly/monthly prize fairer.

Bonus point scoring has changed to a 2-tier format which is the only change to this season's game that has me pondering things slightly differently than previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm gonna give this a bash this season. It's pretty hard to pick a decent 433 team so ended up going with a 442 as defenders seem to be better value. What formation is everyone esle going with? Is there any boards leagues?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm gonna give this a bash this season. It's pretty hard to pick a decent 433 team so ended up going with a 442 as defenders seem to be better value. What formation is everyone esle going with? Is there any boards leagues?

There has been a boards league the last 2 years. Hasn't been any money at stake though.

There has been a boards league the last 2 years. Hasn't been any money at stake though.

Share the code if you have it. I dont mind if it's free.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Share the code if you have it. I dont mind if it's free.

manual_man was in charge of the league the last few years, you could try pming him.

If manual man isn't interested, I'm happy to set one up. We got a few weeks yet so no panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

If manual man isn't interested, I'm happy to set one up. We got a few weeks yet so no panic.

Bump

I'll set it up later and post the code tomorrow

Alright lads.

I've set one up for a full season.

(They also have options for a league that only lasts a half season or for a single month which might be of interest to us later in the season).

I won't make the PIN visible so PM me and I'll send it back.

Alright lads.

I've set one up for a full season.

(They also have options for a league that only lasts a half season or for a single month which might be of interest to us later in the season).

I won't make the PIN visible so PM me and I'll send it back.

Why not share the code? It's a free league so the more the merrier!

Other non boards.ie fantasy football sharks could be watching us !!!!

*adjusts tin-foil hat*

Right you lot.

The code is. 8234695

Now get joining before the 11.30 deadline on Sat morning.

Bump.

Need a whole lot more to join up or its gonna be a very lame league.

im going to give this game a miss this year. I just find all my attention is on the fpl game and I regularly forget deadlines.

im going to give this game a miss this year. I just find all my attention is on the fpl game and I regularly forget deadlines.

I don't miss the the deadlines but I have a habit of trying to 'hedge my bets' by having different players on my sky team vs my fpl team, usually to the detriment of both teams.

*bump*

• Advertisement

Last call for anyone interested.

Even if you only create a team now you still have a good chance to make up the points awarded in GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

*bump*

Come on lads! There's like 5 of us in there :P

I instantly forgot that you should be changing your captain every day so missed out on Zlatans 7 extra points. Hazard saved me last night though with 26 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I had 3 cpts over the w/d including Fab!!!!!!

I had 3 cpts over the w/d including Fab!!!!!!

It's grand, you'll catch up, the leader is on on 134 points ;-)

Top on Saturday night, bottom on Monday night. That's the cutthroat world of fantasy football eh.

If Vardy (c) and Oscar had taken those penalties as I hoped I'd have done pretty good but it wasn't to be.

Advertisement