Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB radio Carlow?

Options
  • 04-07-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Does anyone know if DAB radio service can be received in Carlow and surounding areas? Thinking of purchasing dab stereo, but would like to know if it's going to work before spending money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    Does anyone know if DAB radio service can be received in Carlow and surounding areas? Thinking of purchasing dab stereo, but would like to know if it's going to work before spending money

I have one installed and I find it utter ****e not just in Carlow btw. Perhaps with a better aerial it might improve but I wouldn't be bothered with it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I have one installed and I find it utter ****e not just in Carlow btw. Perhaps with a better aerial it might improve but I wouldn't be bothered with it to be honest.

Yea I think DAB is only in Dublin Cork and Limerick now so you probably won't pick it up in this area.
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/page/138471-rte-radio-ways-to-listen/#digital-radio

I got an internet radio and it's brilliant literally thousands of stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

mountcisco wrote: »
    I got an internet radio and it's brilliant literally thousands of stations.

Great idea, I think I will look into this, any tips ? recommendation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Great idea, I think I will look into this, any tips ? recommendation ?
    I have a Roberts old model, the newer version is the 93i it's on Amazon at £136 which is about 160 euro now that pound has dropped in value. This one even has DAB included but there are lots of models from about 100e upwards.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-Radio-Stream93i-Internet-Speaker/dp/B008R8B8QC
    Best of luck.

Advertisement