Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting NCVA Level 2 cert into points

Options
  • 04-07-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I applied to the CAO as a mature student but I don't think I will get a place on the course I want because I'm terrible at interviews.

I completed an ncva level 2 cert in 2004(same as fetac level 5, I think) and I am trying to figure out if i can convert my results to points to compete for courses in round 1.

I got 6 distinctions and 5 merits. On my cert, one distinction and one of the merits are listed as level 1 and the rest are listed as level 2.

To calculate my points, would I add together my best 8 modules which would be 5 distinctions(50pts each) at level 2 and 3 merits(35 pts each) at level 2.

The new common awards system is confusing because I don't know the credit value of my modules.

Just wondering does anyone know how to convert these old certs into points or if it's even possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 md84

Just an update. The qqi got back to me and said my award has been converted to points and has been forwarded to the cao.

An ncva level 1 module is the same as fetac level 4 and has a credit value of .5

An ncva level 2 module is the same as fetac level 5 with a credit value of 1

Based on my results, they said I have 358 points. The courses I have chosen have no special requirements so it's looking good.

Advertisement