Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 speeds - Billpay vs PAYG

Options
  • 04-07-2016 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Was happily using the 3 AYCE PAYG offer via a PAYG sim up to a fee days ago.

Since then, although the signal doesn't seem to be any worse, the speeds have fallen through the floor at peak times.

It's still fast enough in the morning (6Mb down) so I know it's not my dongle/router etc..
    In the evenings it's gone from 2/3 Mb to 200 Kb

My question is this - do you think there'd be a better result from signing up to Billpay? Less contention/preferred access to bandwidth or whatever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

There are some reports that getting a new SIM (and number) will increase your speed but I don't think it makes any difference.

I'm in an area with no other connection other than three and there are about half a dozen of us that use three in the same area. Some are billpay some prepay and when one goes slow we all go slow (3G only no 4G here).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

my3cents wrote: »
    There are some reports that getting a new SIM (and number) will increase your speed but I don't think it makes any difference.

I'm in an area with no other connection other than three and there are about half a dozen of us that use three in the same area. Some are billpay some prepay and when one goes slow we all go slow (3G only no 4G here).

Thanks very much my3cents - that's exactly what I was looking for. Will try a new SIM.

Advertisement