Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course list after closing date

Options
  • 04-07-2016 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was wondering are you able to change your course list after the july closing date. Due to personal reasons I am no longer able to go away for college and I was wondering does the CAO allow you to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

I was wondering are you able to change your course list after the july closing date. Due to personal reasons I am no longer able to go away for college and I was wondering does the CAO allow you to do this?

After the change of mind, you can't.

However, just say you get your first choice that you can't move away for. You can defer the course and work/volunteer/do a PLC locally for the year and then, if circumstances change move away for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

You can't change the order of your course preferences now but after the CAO offers come out there is a thing called 'Vacant Courses List'. There may be something there that would be suitable in your locality. Say if a course had 30 places and only 25 people met the entry requirements, then those 5 places would be placed on the vacant list on the CAO website.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

Thanks for all your help. I emailed the CAO and they said I am able to do it in writing up to the 6th of july

Thanks for all your help. I emailed the CAO and they said I am able to do it in writing up to the 6th of july

Brilliant. They should let students know that instead of telling them the deadline is July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Brilliant. They should let students know that instead of telling them the deadline is July 1st.

Then the whole country would be at it, and with a new extended deadline to the 6th then there would be even more people taking the piss looking for an even longer extension.

The CAO have been good enough to allow the OP to change, students have 7 months to make a decision and change it as many times as they want free of charge. There has to be a cutoff at some point.

• Advertisement

Yes and to be fair to the CAO, their reference to the 7th July in their handbook does imply that something can be done for applicants after the 1st.

Advertisement