Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite receiver/triple tuner linux receiver

Options
  • 03-07-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I am looking for a twin satellite receiver/ triple tuner twin satellite one terrestrial.
    I want the following features
    Linux based
    Two satellite ports
    Ethernet
    Sky + functions record etc
    7 day epg sky epg
    Add ons/ iptv to watch 3pm epl games
    Red button features
    teletext mheg5 etc

Smooth interface good response time

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

This post has been reviewed and there appears to be no discussion of illegal activity save to note that the rights to 3pm games in the Republic of Ireland are held by Sky UK and there is no discussion of any illegal method of obtaining these games here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

This irish site www.freetv.ie has what you are looking for ...two FreeSat and one saorview feeds on a linux box. I am in no way affiliated with the site but i know numerous people who have used them and were very happy.

I am looking for a twin satellite receiver/ triple tuner twin satellite one terrestrial.
    I want the following features
    Linux based
    Two satellite ports
    Ethernet
    Sky + functions record etc
    7 day epg sky epg

Add ons/ iptv to watch 3pm epl games
    Red button features
    teletext mheg5 etc

Smooth interface good response time

You need a Sky subscription for those highlighted, as far as I am aware.
    You would need a separate DVB-T STB for the terrestrial requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

I mean pvr features similar to sky+ and a full 7 day epg

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    This post has been reviewed and there appears to be no discussion of illegal activity save to note that the rights to 3pm games in the Republic of Ireland are held by Sky UK and there is no discussion of any illegal method of obtaining these games here.

Is it not fully legal for ROI people to watch 3pm kick offs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is legal with a valid sub, including subs from the continent. The EU ruled on that a few years ago.

If you want Sky exclusive content then a Sky subscription is the legal way of doing so.

obviously you can get epg features and pvr on satellite receivers
    Where could you get a subscription to watch 3pm kickoffs on satellite receiver
    Suppose it would have to be through add ons since it is next to impossible to receiver the 380 epl kick offs on satellite

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Just to be clear here, anyone suggesting anything even vaguely illegal or unlicenced will get banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Autotimer and Crossepg will give you the same functions on a Linux box and are legal

Still can anyone suggest a receiver with above features?

As mentioned all ready put an operating system like open vix on a triple receiver linux box, autotimer, Auto bouquet maker and you have a EPG with recording facility for both saorview and FreeSat. Look up <deleted> for all the information you need. There is nothing illegal regarding any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

P.lane78 wrote:
    for all the information you need. There is nothing illegal regarding any of this.

If you read the last paragraph of that page it would suggest illegal discussions are taking place on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

P.lane78 wrote:
    another quick google gives you ....

From the site you posted,

(obviously I wouldn't copy and paste the first half of this sentence.)

"this will now open some pay tv channels."

I don't believe this is the approved manner by the owners of such stations, in receiving their channels.

I am interested myself in possibly getting a new combo stb, however I certainly would not buy from any site that is possibly discussing ways in opening pay tv channels in an unauthorised manner, from the station owner.

If any site is advertising stb's for sale and also possible advertising ways in accessing pay tv channels in an unauthorised manner;

How could such a site be trusted?

Will they even deliver the stb?
    Will they honour warranty?
    Will they keep your credit card details safe?
    Are they a registered business?
    This question list goes on!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

P.land78 gets an automatic ban as per the sticky at the top of the forum, on the basis that the site linked to is selling viewing cards for foreign TV stations.

(Yes I'm aware of the facts of and judgement in Murphy v MPS. That case didn't address whether the sale by third parties of viewing cards without the knowledge of the pay TV provider was legal or not).

At this stage I'm going to close this thread because I do not think the thread can return to topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement