Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fogging from vents with air-conditioning

Options
  • 01-07-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Noticed at the weekend fogging or misting coming from one of the cars air vents with air-conditioning on. With air con off it cleared up. Hadn't happen since. Could it be issue needy to get checked? Car is 142 civic
    Thanks
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Check/Replace your pollen filter(s)!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Check/Replace your pollen filter(s)!

Probably due at next service... Should I wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Probably due at next service... Should I wait?

Well if the fogging is bothering you then change it now.

I tend to have the opposite- fogging takes place when air-con off. Usually happens on humid days when i have the temperature down very low inside the car. Got the pollen filter changed recently and it's helped a lot but not all the time. what i find helps when humid conditions exist is directing the air into the car as opposed to right up to the windscreen only- doesn't tend to fog up as a result of doing this

bazz26 wrote: »
    Well if the fogging is bothering you then change it now.

It hasn't done it sense. I was just wondering if it could be gas leak from air conditioning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Hi folks,
    Noticed at the weekend fogging or misting coming from one of the cars air vents with air-conditioning on. With air con off it cleared up. Hadn't happen since. Could it be issue needy to get checked? Car is 142 civic
    Thanks
    Mick

Is this a regular issue.?
    Or was it a once off ?

mikeecho wrote: »
    Is this a regular issue.?
    Or was it a once off ?

Only happened one day... It was humid with a lot of rain moisture in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you leave the air con on right before you park up it can then cause moisture when you turn on the ac next time your in the car, best to turn it off 2 or 3 mins before you park up. You likely need a new pollen filter now either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

The reason for this is when warm moist air hits the cool dry air it condenses and can be seen as fog, it will be worse at the vent outlets because the temperature of the supply air is at its lowest, also if the filter is blocked or fan speed low the fog may be more visable.
    It's not a fault and happens under certain conditions, if you use the temperature dial to blend in some warmer air this will Eliminate the fog.

If the glass fogs on the inside after the ac has been on it's because the evaporator is wet. As said before turn the ac off a minute or so before stopping the car so the coil will dry off.

If the glass fogs on the outside, usually the windscreen, this is because the glass directly at the vent outlets is cooled below the dew point. This only happens on the outside where the warm humid air hits the cold glass.

ShanE90 wrote: »
    The reason for this is when warm moist air hits the cool dry air it condenses and can be seen as fog, it will be worse at the vent outlets because the temperature of the supply air is at its lowest, also if the filter is blocked or fan speed low the fog may be more visable.
    It's not a fault and happens under certain conditions, if you use the temperature dial to blend in some warmer air this will Eliminate the fog.

If the glass fogs on the inside after the ac has been on it's because the evaporator is wet. As said before turn the ac off a minute or so before stopping the car so the coil will dry off.

If the glass fogs on the outside, usually the windscreen, this is because the glass directly at the vent outlets is cooled below the dew point. This only happens on the outside where the warm humid air hits the cold glass.

Definitely issue with air conditioning.. On or off blowing the same temp now.. Booked in to get checked next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Definitely issue with air conditioning.. On or off blowing the same temp now.. Booked in to get checked next week

Hey, similar problem on my 2007 Civic.
    Did you get it sorted, and if so, can you recommend somewhere?
    I was thinking Honda, but my wallet is arguing with me about it!

Thanks!

Hey, similar problem on my 2007 Civic.
    Did you get it sorted, and if so, can you recommend somewhere?
    I was thinking Honda, but my wallet is arguing with me about it!

Thanks!

Honda regassed and it's been fine since. Done under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Honda regassed and it's been fine since. Done under warranty

Cheers.
    Gas is fine according to recent service. Might just bite the bullet and give it to them to fix..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cheers.
    Gas is fine according to recent service. Might just bite the bullet and give it to them to fix..

Check the fuses/relays in the fusebox, sometimes you can temporarily swap a non important one like the horn to test if it's that. Here's a good guide, not your exact model but similar setup...

Advertisement