Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Laurels in Carlow like these days?

Options
  • 01-07-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking at an affordable house in The Laurals, always been told to avoid that estate if I valued my life. I noticed I haven't read any bad from there in a good while and was wondering is it still as bad? We are in a situation where rents are gone affordable for us, we work and have two children under two so don't want to end up in a total kip. We need somewhere we can afford but is The Laurels still a bad area?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There are some very decent families there, but it's not a place I'd be mad on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

There are some very decent families there, but it's not a place I'd be mad on.

IMO most of the families are fine, but its guilty by association with being so close to John Sweeney Park.

The houses themselves seem ok but the few i ve been in felt on the small side to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Migbie

Would it be safe to walk through with two small children? We will be looking at staying at this house for at least 10 years until we can save and get ourselves into a better situation. Is it worth it? Is there much trouble here?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

you can buy a house in there for 45,000 worth considering if you could scrape the deposit together

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The biggest problem with the laurels is always going to be the quality of the workmanship in the houses.

Hearing ppl going up and down stairs, doors slamming, kids crying.... etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

you can buy a house in there for 45,000 worth considering if you could scrape the deposit together

Being able to buy a house in there for €45,000 tells its own story.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

you could pay 450,000 and still end up beside who knows? or get a house full of pyrite,its the same as anywhere it's always the 1%

Advertisement