Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear of country people or countryside

Options
  • 01-07-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a term for a fear of rural people and/or the countryside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Seanachai wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is a term for a fear of rural people and/or the countryside?

Maybe a type of Agoraphobia. I haven't came across the specific type you mention. Sounds irrational, could have been conditioned in some way, from a prior experience in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

dar100 wrote: »
    Maybe a type of Agoraphobia. I haven't came across the specific type you mention. Sounds irrational, could have been conditioned in some way, from a prior experience in the past.

Agriphobia?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

hardCopy wrote: »
    Agriphobia?

:pac:

I'm missing the joke here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

dar100 wrote: »

It's not myself, I've just come across a tangible aversion to country people among certain urban dwellers. I'm not sure if it could be classified as a clinical phobia though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Sounds more like a prejudice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Sounds more like a prejudice.

Maybe it is brother, why can't the people just get along!

Advertisement