Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past date whey protein

Options
  • 01-07-2016 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have some old protein which is past its bbe date by 8 months, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used past date protein? I've read online it's fine to use upto and past a year after its bbe date as long as it's kept it's smell and hasn't clumped. Mine seems the same as it was when I first got it and I've done a taste test, tastes fine, so is it still worth using or has the protein effectiveness gone to the point its not worth while using? Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I used a load of bulk powders whey that was about a year out. It was perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I got about twenty kgs which are over two years out of date, 'tis grand stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Be grand. The best before date is probably only there because of a law.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hoeballs

The only thing that would change is the nutritional content. From a food safety point of view there is no risk

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hoeballs wrote: »
    The only thing that would change is the nutritional content

Probably not tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Hoeballs

Mellor wrote: »
    Probably not tbh.

Prob would tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hoeballs wrote: »
    Prob would tbh
    Any evidence to back your claims up?
    What do you thing is specifically going to change? And why do you think a few months after the arbitrary date is different than a few months before.

Advertisement