Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm that plays nice with Home Automation

Options
  • 01-07-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I currently have a Home Automation solution in my house using Home Assistant .
    Nothing major, a few hue bulbs, sonos speakers ,Z wave motion sensor etc

I was looking at implementing a complete DIY Zwave based home security solution however I'm shying away from that now towards getting a traditional alarm system installed that plays nice with Home Assistant.

Ideally I need an alarm what has the NX584 module on board as this allows me to use the alarm in Home Assistant and also piggyback on it's motion and contact trigger events and use them in my automation rules!

Anybody aware of any irish alarm companies that provide an alarm system with this module or of another system with similar capabilities?

I'm also looking at the ZeroWire from HomeSecure. It has a Z-Wave radio on board and can act as a Zwave controller however I want to use it in my existing Z-Wave network and not have it replace my existing network. Also I'm unsure if I can view all it's connected sensors events.
    Anyone on here any experience they can share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

I have similar with Domoticz and a Siemens SPC panel

Needs gateway software (€50) but that will give you access to a REST / websockets / MQTT api.
    http://www.lundix.se/smarta-losningar/

Then you can use alarm system pirs, contacts etc for automation rules and push notifications on alarm etc..
    You can also arm/unarm the alarm from Domoticz alarm panel but I've chosen to disable that feature.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Siemens /Vanderbilt Spc range would be the most flexible IMO also.
    The cause and effect options and mapping gates will let you do almost anything with your existing alarm devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

fergalom wrote: »
    I have similar with Domoticz and a Siemens SPC panel

Needs gateway software (€50) but that will give you access to a REST / websockets / MQTT api.
    http://www.lundix.se/smarta-losningar/

This sounds like exactly what i'm after. Any Irish installers that provide the Siemens SPC panel?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Plenty. Most good installers would be able to install this system for you. Where are you located.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

KoolKid wrote: »
    Plenty. Most good installers would be able to install this system for you. Where are you located.

Apologies for butting in OP, I'd be really interested in recommendations for SPC installers in the Midlands.

• Advertisement

I'll send you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

KoolKid wrote: »

North Dublin, any recommendations welcome!

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maguireg

Hi, do you have any specs or details on what hardware the Zerowire solution is using, do Home Secure allow you to interface to the alarm via ZWave or some other API, I rang them and I got the impression that you got access to the mobile app only. I have a Vera ZWave unit at present which I would be interested in investigating whether they could be linked ?

Advertisement