Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Dell Battery - Where to buy?

Options
  • 30-06-2016 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I've an inspiron 14z laptop. Have it a few years and it's fine apart from a crap battery life. A replacement is €171 on the dell website so no way I'm buying that, I'd sooner replace laptop.

There are several sites selling them for 30-40e. Can these sites be trusted and if so, can anyone recommend a reliable site?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi,

I've an inspiron 14z laptop. Have it a few years and it's fine apart from a crap battery life. A replacement is €171 on the dell website so no way I'm buying that, I'd sooner replace laptop.

There are several sites selling them for 30-40e. Can these sites be trusted and if so, can anyone recommend a reliable site?

Thanks

Laptopbatteries.ie. I use them all the time, fast delivery, usually next day. Prices reasonable. I fix laptops so buy quite a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

I bought a laptop replacement battery on amazon for my hp pavilion g6 laptop it wasn't the original manufacturer having gone through all the reviews they were all positive and the specifications mentioned it supported my laptop, which was decisive when buying but stillnot happy after a few weeks of use, it was called 'Anker ' by the way!

Just a warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I got one for my Dell laptop on Amazon from a company called Orelax and it's grand. Only cost €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Thanks for all your advice. As long as it doesn't break after a week or cause my laptop to burst into flames I'll gladly buy a generic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You get what you pay for usually. Customer of mine with an XPS 13" replaced his battery in China while there. He's a travel writer and went to some high altitude destinations. The battery expanded and forced the trackpad out of the palmrest and forced two of the torx screws out of the underside cover !!

Ken

• Advertisement
Advertisement