Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have I made a huge mistake?

Options
  • 30-06-2016 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I was checking my desired course's entry requirements today and noticed this;

"Note: While Link Modules are acceptable for points scoring purposes, they may not be counted as one of the six subjects to satisfy minimum entry / matriculation requirements. Students will have the opportunity to use their points allocation for the Link Modules as one of their six subjects for the purposes of calculating points."

I'm confident I will meet the points requirement but this got me thinking. I did the leaving last year for eight subjects including link modules. This year I repeated and only did six subjects including link modules. My career guidance counsellor this year never pointed this out to I'm not sure what to think.

Does this mean I won't be accepted because links shouldn't be counted as one of the six subjects? Or will I get off since I did eight last year? Really starting to worry here lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

the grades you got last year can be used for the entry requirements this year. When my sister repeated she was able to drop Irish and use the grade she got the previous year as one of the entry requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

You're grand. As long as you have the 6 not including LCVP, you can then use it for points as you've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

Generally you can use a previous years leaving cert results for matriculation purposes. I think medicine is an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

sound lads, that's a relief.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Generally you can use a previous years leaving cert results for matriculation purposes. I think medicine is an exception.
    Correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement