Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NUIG advanced transfer

• 30-06-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I've applied to transfer from UCD physiotherapy to Biomed in NUIG through the advanced entry to second year option. I'm wondering has anyone done anything similar to this, and if so were you successful? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

I transferred to NUIG in my second year, different department but the process is much the same. As long as your first year results are reasonably good you should be fine.

On a side note I'd make sure that this is what you really want, as it can be quite hard to settle into a course having missed out on the first year, where people tend to make the effort to get to know each other. You're really on your own going in in second year. Just my personal experience but it's worth keeping in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Transferred into second year undenominated science myself (from DCU) with no issues. As Dee said, once you pass all your exams you should be alright. Biomed being quite a high points course you would probably need decent results too, but once you've passed all exams you meet the general conditions for transfer.
    DeeTee100 wrote: »
    On a side note I'd make sure that this is what you really want, as it can be quite hard to settle into a course having missed out on the first year, where people tend to make the effort to get to know each other. You're really on your own going in in second year. Just my personal experience but it's worth keeping in mind.

Clubs & Socs are really how you should go about settling in better. People take up new things in every year, so you won't get any weird looks about it being your first time being spotted around the place.

Advertisement