Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All 6 series are now available on Netflix

Options
  • 30-06-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

All 6 series are now available on Netflix UK and Ireland.

TOS, TAS, and TNG are the HD remasters.

Hurray!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No DS9 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

No DS9 :mad:

Ah darn it. I ts the one I was looking forward to most when I read the first post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is DS9 not there, or are we just bummed that there's no HD version?

I was really annoyed when i lose access to the US Netflix selection. It was my go to show for watching random episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DS9 is there. Not in HD though, because that doesn't exist (yet?) :)

390361.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Nice one. Haven't seen any of DS9 or much of TOS. Will jump into them this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm liking this DS9 yolk.
    • Picard still on the tae, then.
    • O' Brien's last visit to the Enterprise bridge was a nice touch
    • Sisko - an interesting cat
    • Dax... ;)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Great news, thanks for posting this.
    Haven't seen any of TOS for ages, forgot how hammy the music is!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Dax... ;)

DS9 is pretty epic alright. Once it hits its stride at the end of season 2 (although there are some good episodes before that as well) it gets better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Dax... ;)

Despite what my username may suggest, DS9 is my personal favourite of all the series (Also Starring René Auberjonois didn't really have the same ring to it though) ;). The first couple of seasons are pretty much Star Trek by the numbers (with added Arc), but then it just goes up a couple of levels and it has some of the finest episodes of television I've ever seen in there, with the final two seasons just being phenomenally good. But the charm is certainly in the cast and characters; everyone gets their time to shine and the characters are much more well-rounded than the other series' in the Trekdom. And you'll fall in love with many of the supporting characters too - keep a close eye on Nog and Garak, they're kinda awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice, I can finally continue rewatching DS9 after losing vpn access :)

Might even give enterprise a first watch, before the new show next year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Goodshape wrote: »
    All 6 series are now available on Netflix UK and Ireland.

TOS, TAS, and TNG are the HD remasters.

Hurray!

Wow and will they be available for good or a limited time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I have just watched "Downton Abbey" my first viewing on Netflix really enjoyed it, any recommendations for something similar in a series ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Xenophile wrote: »
    I have just watched "Downton Abbey" my first viewing on Netflix really enjoyed it, any recommendations for something similar in a series ?

If you enjoyed Downton Abbey then you'll love DS9

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Myrddin wrote: »

This is my absolute favourite post on boards EVAR!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hey Xenophile. You may have stumbled into the Star Trek forum enticed by Netflix!

You are welcome here but you may have more success with your query in the general TV forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Woden wrote: »
    you may have more success with your query in the general TV forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227

Nonsense! Star Trek forum has the best suggestions.

I suggest Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Sorry Star Trek is not my thing but thanks anyway !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Sorry Star Trek is not my thing but thanks anyway !

Its not your thing yet!!! you mean. How do you know if you never give it a try there is even one series with a female captain. DS9 is Awesome, Voyager is the series with the female captain but there is a a lot of tech talk in it but some episodes too with not so much like ''Futures End'' and then there is Enterprise which does not have much tech talk at all but is quite dark.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

TOS added to My List. Gonna enjoy watching these in HD :)

TNG and DS9 (when it goes HD) might get a viewing too.

Wow and will they be available for good or a limited time ?

Usually shows Netflix adds stay up for a long time... depends on viewership I guess. BSG has been up on it for at least 2 years now if you want something to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I've decided I'm going to watch an 'O'Brien must suffer ' binge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've decided I'm going to watch an 'O'Brien must suffer ' binge.

Bloody Cardies...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bloody Cardies...

It's not that i hate Cardassians, I hate what i became because of you, always a good line.

But i cant listen to him go on about another self sealing stembolt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It's not that i hate Cardassians, I hate what i became because of you, always a good line.

But i cant listen to him go on about another self sealing stembolt..

You know he has never actually seen one.

Despite watching plenty of Trek over the years, 1.04 of DS9 was the first time I noticed the tendency to refer to a ship's systems being "online/offline".

Were they ahead of dial-up internet speak back in the day? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well this is a great surprise (to those of us who just watch Netflix the odd time).

Where to start?

I'm very excited here.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Well this is a great surprise (to those of us who just watch Netflix the odd time).

Where to start?

I'm very excited here.

I'm currently working my way through TOS. I might do DS9 next but someone mentioned above that it's not in HD... so maybe TNG. I've no interest in Voyager or Enterprise... I might cherry pick the top 10 episodes of each... maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just got a free month trial again (like 5th one now) from netflix
    As a thank you, we’d like to offer you another free trial.
    DS9 here i come! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Looks like Season 1 Episode 14 of TOS "Balance of Terror" is not the remastered edition. Pity, I'd love to see what they did with the first meeting of the Romulans.

• Advertisement

DS9 - 1.09

Ah, Gregory Itzin, how are ye?

Advertisement