Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure Battery again.

Options
  • 29-06-2016 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

When I got my MH it had 3 batteries installed. 1 under the passenger seat and 2 under the seats at the table. The rear ones were halfords and the front one was banner.

The rear ones immediately smelled like rotten eggs and I disconnected them and ran off the banner one while I've had the van.

After being in storage for 2 years the battery is dead and I would like to just got with 1 battery . I only need enough to keep heater going for 1 night and occasional 12inch lcd tv and sat receiver. ( very seldom now)

What about halfords 115 AH for 99 euro? Any experience and any good?

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/caravan-motorhomes/caravan-parts-accessories/halfords-leisure-battery-115-ah

If not suggestions welcome for 1 good battery.

Comments

What kind of heater? What's the power consumption rating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Our Eberspacher on low/medium is about an amp after start up, over 3amps at boost. Truma and carver seem to average just over an amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

What kind of heater? What's the power consumption rating?

it is a truma heater but not sure of model.

1.5A x 24 hours for heating and 20Ah for electronic loads...

110Ah fits.

If you only want it for less than 400 cycles anything will do. Using it once a week and recharging should last 7 years.

Advertisement