Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Spain

Options
  • 29-06-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hiya

Heading off to Northern Spain in a few weeks.

Starting in Bilbao - Santander - Oviedo -La Coruna and finishing in Santiago Del Compostela. Staying roughly 2 days in each city as a base and to explore the area, rounding it off with 4 days in Santiago Del Compostela. Have reserved accommodation in Hostels mostly.

Have a fair idea of places I want visit, and must see attractions, however any particular suggestions based on experience would be great.

I have read there is a pass if you are 26 and under, I will just skim this mark. Is it worth my while purchasing it? I know that buses are better than trains in Spain but I don't want to be too tied down if I pre-book, is it very expensive just to purchase on the day?

Any advice or tips would be most welcome :)

Thanks in advance!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

TobyRyan wrote: »
    Starting in Bilbao - Santander - Oviedo -La Coruna and finishing in Santiago Del Compostela.
    Have a fair idea of places I want visit, and must see attractions, however any particular suggestions based on experience would be great.
    Was in that part of the world about 10 years ago and had a great time, would love to go back myself.
    The covered market in Bilbao is huge and interesting to visit. In a suburb you can visit the famous tilting bridge Puente Colgante.
    Between Bilbao and Santander I remember Santillana del Mar, with its distinctive architecture, there was a medieval market (maybe it is a week-end or Sunday thing).
    The national park of Picos de Europa is stunning. I remember Ribadesella, Cangas de Onis, Covadonga as pretty villages.
    They pour the cider from a height, it is fun to watch (and tasty too).
    Enjoy !

Advertisement