Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI/Hear income limit

Options
  • 29-06-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I was sent back my results to see if I qualified for SUSI or HEAR, and it says my parents income is above by 8 euro and they denied both due to that. Is there any point in appealing 8 euro or will they just deny it again? Really don't know much about the grants. But the limit is like 45790 and my parents have earned 45798 for the 2015 year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Absolutely appeal it, especially if there has been a change in circumstances since the audited year. Having said that I was over by a similar amount la couple years ago due to a state pension payment being paid a day early due new years day (therefore paid in the audited year, but due the following year) and my appeal was unsuccessful... They can be pretty unfair. Maybe revisit sections on the application such as pension contributions, etc., you may find a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

mantlemma wrote: »
    So I was sent back my results to see if I qualified for SUSI or HEAR, and it says my parents income is above by 8 euro and they denied both due to that. Is there any point in appealing 8 euro or will they just deny it again? Really don't know much about the grants. But the limit is like 45790 and my parents have earned 45798 for the 2015 year.

I think 45790 is only one limit of the scheme and you would still qualify for some grant assistance but not for hear. What do you mean by "So I was sent back my results to see if I qualified for SUSI or HEAR" , you mean the results of your application?

Advertisement