Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 - Travel/Hotels etc

Options
  • 29-06-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

I think a similar thread was set up for 196 so I thought, rather than clutter up the event thread, I'd set one up for anyone thinking of heading over for 202.

I've made a rash decision today that I'm going!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Easy Rod wrote: »

I've made a rash decision today that I'm going!

Enjoy yourself! TBH if you've any questions you'll probably get answers in the other threads you talked about. I think just about everything was covered. I went for 1st time in Dec and nearly felt like I'd been before from the info on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Is it possible to get a package that includes flights hotel and a UFC ticket? I'm a lazy mo fo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dashoonage wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a package that includes flights hotel and a UFC ticket? I'm a lazy mo fo :P

Yes. I know a guy who does that. Based in Australia, but I'm sure he could sort a package from dublin

Thanks Mellor, Looking into it myself at the moment to see what i can come up with :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I'd advise you to shop around for flights. Leaving from Belfast and other locations in the UK can turn out cheaper then leaving from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

JokerD wrote: »
    I'd advise you to shop around for flights. Leaving from Belfast and other locations in the UK can turn out cheaper then leaving from Dublin.

There isn't a huge difference, I've gone from both even though I'm from Belfast as Dublin worked out cheaper for 194. Plus going from Belfast means going through Heathrow plus a stop in the States before Vegas.

Devastator wrote: »
    There isn't a huge difference, I've gone from both even though I'm from Belfast as Dublin worked out cheaper for 194. Plus going from Belfast means going through Heathrow plus a stop in the States before Vegas.

It was about €200 cheaper going from Belfast rather than Dublin today. Granted there is a stop in Chicago that you could avoid elsewhere but it's not a big layover so the inconvenience isn't bad. Prices can fluctuate a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Anybody any tips for getting into weigh-ins etc? Also are there any set places that the Irish have gathered before and after the fights? Going to be there from the Thursday to Sunday. Buying my ticket in the next couple of days just in case anyone here has a spare one for sale

Anybody any tips for getting into weigh-ins etc? Also are there any set places that the Irish have gathered before and after the fights? Going to be there from the Thursday to Sunday. Buying my ticket in the next couple of days just in case anyone here has a spare one for sale

For the weigh-ins just arrive early, preferably have Fight Club membership so you get first access. Even with the fight club membership be there in plenty of time as the queue should be big. It's a big arena so even if you're not there early you should still get in but will be further back most likely.

From my experience there were no set places to meet, there's likely to be groups sporadically placed around the strip. Maybe I didn't notice though as there were places I'd go regular and just met the bigger crowds when the time came for the weigh-ins etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement