Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI Laptop under two year warranty, saying is invalidated

Options
  • 29-06-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I have an MSI laptop since April 2015, barely used. Damaged the Power supply jack connected to motherboard, and PSU connector will not sit flush, hence cannot power up, looks like a side pin was pushed down.

Contacted MSI , and it has TWO YEAR WARRANTY. They are stating , it is invalidated, due to fact I bought it from a German website, and I am based in Ireland ( they keep saying UK ).

I have found nothing in warranty booklet stating buying laptops across borders, but it states warranty covers Motherboard, Network connectors etc ....

Any experience, advice on this issue ....

It was expensive, so only started using it in last month, think connector issue came with laptop, just did not use until now.

https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/outlet/30001560/laptops-tabletpcs-pcs.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

No advice to give, but I bought a Clevo laptop from a German website with a 1 year warranty, the motherboard fried in it and in fairness to them they accepted that it was their problem straight away. Sent away the laptop and had it back within about 2 months, with a new motherboard and they upgraded the processor for free. Hopefully MSI will sort you out too!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I thought there was legislation to prevent manufacturers from refusing warranty if bought in the EU?

It might be worth posting in the consumer issues forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I was given an msi to upgrade hardrive last week. Imagine my suprise when I found it could not be done without removing warranty stickers.

I agree, consumer issues will serve you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

These are the folks that can advise on dealing cross border.
    http://www.eccireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

Thanks for all the advice Lads,

They are messing me about, poor customer service for an expensive laptop .... Will keep you up to date with how this goes ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Just wondering if they sorted it out in the end?

Advertisement